Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 2.....again

Man I'm bad at blogging. Not surprising. Not like the majority of people are good at it anyway. It's too easy to forget about. Plus typing these things is just freaking time consuming, especially on a phone. But I have to keep track. I have to keep myself honest. It's too easy to derail. Food is like a vice when presented with the option. Having any kind of social life is a pain in the ass of my nutrition goals. I walk into a restaurant with the best intentions to limit my calories, and it all just goes out the window whenever I get seated.

So here I am.....again....trying to lose the last 20 or so pounds I would like. I am currently 239 lbs. I'm in, probably, the best physical shape I have ever been. My cardio is lacking, but that's mainly due to my emphasis on lifting lately. I have a fair amount of muscle, but now I need to lose the fat. I have quite a bit on my torso still. My girlfriend says it's skin but I disagree. And as I have learned, you can work out all you want, but your diet has got to be in check in order to lose those last few pounds.

So I'm back to trying intermittent fasting. I have a new job that I think makes it easier for me to do IF.  It's probably just an excuse but it's working out better, I think. I'm not as mentally drained at the end of the work day. Anyway, so I'm starting out with 5-19 ratio with IF. For those of you who aren't going to see this, that means I have a 5 hour window to get a days worth of calories. I eat breakfast at 7:00 am and eat my last meal by noon. Then I don't eat until the next day. I'll do it Monday-Friday usually. This Friday I'll have to make some adjustments because it's my GF's birthday. Weekends will probably be a little more lax, but I'll at least try to make them count. Maybe I'll have just one big meal.  So here's what's on the docket for today:

Egg Burrito
3 eggs
1 slice fat free cheddars cheese
1 low carb tortilla

Bowl of cereal
2 servings of flax/bran cereal
1 serving of cinnamon harvest kashi
1.5 unsweetened almond milk

Lunch
13 oz chicken breast
2 low carb tortillas
2 servings ranch dressing
2 bananas  

By noon today that'll be about 1800-2000 calories. Good amount of fiber. Good amount of protein. Good fats from the eggs. Not so good fats from the ranch dressing but not so bad that it'll be detrimental. At least I don't think it'll be. We shall see.

Well back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment