Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Disclaimer: Broscience Certified

Hello, welcome to my channel. My name is Scott Dalton. Over the last few years I've become somewhat of a fitness fanatic (for lack of a better word). I enjoy working out so I can not only look physically better, but to also feel physically better. I still have a lot of work ahead of me, and I hope you will join me on the journey.

First, let me go on a bit of ramble. I'll try to break it up into paragraphs so you won't have to read a wall of text. Anyway, some of you may be asking yourselves "what the hell is 'broscience certified?'" Well according to the "bro-scientific" at urbandictionary.com, broscience is as follows:


The predominant brand of reasoning in bodybuilding circles where the anecdotal reports of jacked dudes are considered more credible than scientific research. 
 
Layman terms:
 
Broscience is when bodybuilders (although not necessarily just bodybuilders) tell you what and how to do anything without any actual scientific proof.
 
The majority of bro-science is considered bullshit and gets a bum rap. Some bro-science is bullshit and ridiculous. For example (once again provided by the good people at urbandictionary.com):

"Bro, you gotta slam 40-60 grams of waxy maize plus 20 grams of BCAA within 7 seconds of finishing your last set of squat rack curls. Otherwise, you'll go straight catabolic."
 
Like me, most people have no idea what the hell he's talking about. Broscience at its finest. But like I said, it gets a bum rap. Honestly, I believe that, deep down, these fools aren't trying to feed you a load of bull. A lot of these guys are basing their "facts" on personal experience. What helped them might help you. The individuality of humans is both a gift and a curse.

By this time, you may be asking "what's your point?" or "why am I reading this?" It's because, my blog (don't know why I keep wanting to say channel) is basically going to be broscience. Almost all of my posts aren't going to be based on any actual scientific evidence. . . just putting that out there.

So why am I reading this?

Honestly, I don't know. The way I see it is that if you want to know something, chances are you're going to Google it. The problem is there are so many conflicting opinions regarding everything fitness, you don't know what to trust. It's tough, products could get rave reviews from one website where another knocks it down like a bunch of hipsters dissing anything mainstream.

Anyway, so, in short, I can't and won't guarantee anything I post on this blog will be 100%. But I can guarantee that everything I do write about will be based on my point of view, and my opinion will not be skewed by any kind of endorsement. This is not my job, this is a hobby. A hobby in which I hope some of you get something positive out of it as you're making your journey with me.

Did I miss anything?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment